Anyone who is interested in volunteering or has ideas for fundraising events, please email Cindi Jernigan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
BYS Volunteer Program
The BYS Volunteer Philosophy: Use volunteers from BYS families to promote soccer in the Bemidji community, keep families engaged and involved in the entire soccer program and accomplish tasks that benefit the soccer program.
Each player (or a family member from the player’s family) pledges to accomplish at least 10 hours of volunteer time per year for the Extreme Futball Academy teams and at least 5 hours of volunteer time per year for the Northwest District Teams. Tracking of hours is done by the family and is on the honor system.
Examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Tournament help
- BYS Board Member
- Media Representative
- Team manager/Parent Rep
- Soccer field maintenance: tasks such as goal repair
- Shed maintenance
- Equipment maintenance (nets, flags etc.)
- Assist at winter soccer sessions
- Chaperone Friday “pick-up” games
- Assistant or Rec Soccer Coach
- Driving additional players to games/tournaments
- Solicit donations, grants, equipment
- Help with fundraising activities
- Sell concessions at games
- Help on Evaluation Day
- Chaperone/walk in 4th of July Parade
- Staff Community Outreach Opportunities such as Home Boat and Travel Show
- Other Ideas?