Anyone who is interested in volunteering or has ideas for fundraising events, please email Cindi Jernigan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
BYS Volunteer Program
The BYS Volunteer Philosophy: Use volunteers from BYS families to promote soccer in the Bemidji community, keep families engaged and involved in the entire soccer program and accomplish tasks that benefit the soccer program.
Each player (or a family member from the player’s family) pledges to accomplish at least 10 hours of volunteer time per year for the Extreme Futball Academy teams (16 hours family maximum) and at least 5 hours of volunteer time per year for the United Teams (8 hours family maximum). Click on the volunteer form below, track your hours and send the completed form to Cindi for verification.
Examples of volunteer opportunities:
- 6 v 6 Tournament help
- BYS Board Member
- Media Representative
- Committee Member (Fundraising, Volunteer, Facilities)
- Team manager/Parent Rep
- Soccer field maintenance: tasks such as goal repair
- Shed maintenance
- Equipment maintenance (nets, flags etc.)
- Assist at winter soccer sessions
- Chaperone Friday “pick-up” games
- Assistant or Rec Soccer Coach
- Driving additional players to games/tournaments
- Solicit donations, grants, equipment
- Help with fundraising activities (Soccer Ball)
- Sell concessions at games
- Help on Evaluation Day
- Chaperone/walk in 4th of July Parade, Night We Light
- Staff Community Outreach Opportunities such as Home Sport and Travel Show, BSU Ball Shaggers, AxeMen Games
- World Day of Play
- Other Ideas?